Friday 7 June 2013

Social Sciences conference at Sheffield Uni

This week was my last conference for the term: The Translation and Transformation conference at the Social Science department of the University of Sheffield. Although much smaller than Kaleidoscope, there were actually more people in my talk than last week. This time I spoke about film education and policy in the UK, which was great fun. It's so much easier speaking about things that you know something about rather than an uncertain lit review!


My favourite part of the conference was the interesting, divers topics and the open minded people who attended it. I learned about everything from violence to lapdancing and banter! When you work in education, ironically you sometimes forget that the world is there to be discovered! Hopefully I will reconnect with the people from the conference soon. I tweeted through most of the conference so have a look at my twitter stream if you are interested in what went on`



 On the topic of my lit review, I have now finished my first chapter. It looks at film education, film literacy and film as a tool and I am pretty proud of my first 11k words! My transfer is now not going to take place until October due to uni regulations and there should be lots of time over the summer to engage with methodology and methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment