Saturday 1 June 2013

Kaleidoscope @ Cambridge University

Yesterday I gave my second conference presentation at the Kaleidoscope Conference at the University of Cambridge. This time, I spoke about my literature review and the way that the difference between film literacy and literacy through film shaped my understanding of the primary school scheme I will be researching next year. This is getting a bigger and bigger topic in my thesis at the moment, because I keep getting frustrated that many people don't understand the difference between the two.


Kaleidscope itself was brilliant and I felt very privileged to show friends from Leeds around Cambridge. The atmosphere of the conference was really inspiring and with over 70 presentations by education students plus professional workshops, the program was pretty full! I learned a lot about lots of different things including my own research.


On the first night, there were music and spoken word performances by members of the MPhil in Arts, Culture, Education and Creativity of the faculty- the same course that I did last year. Once again I was really impressed by the way in which the arts educators approach their research in a really creative and open minded way. Piano performances and poems related to the individuals' research and their PhD journey. I am hoping that this blog contributes a little bit to my own inflection even if it is maybe not quite as artistic!

No comments:

Post a Comment