Thursday 11 July 2013

First international conference acceptance

Many exciting things have been happening in the last two weeks, starting with the official launch of the Bradford Film School on the 2nd July. Representatives from India and beyond  came to celebrate the launch with us and it was great to see such a warm reception. It has been amazing to be part of the team which made the new school possible and I am especially proud of my involvement in the BA (Hons) Film and a BFI Film Academy bid which I submitted last week.


One of the guests at the reception was David Wilson, who spoke about the importance of learning in the world's first UNESCO City of Film. 


Two days ago we also had the last day of the City of Film literacy scheme, where seven of the participating teachers write up their case studies and commented on their experience of the year. All of them were overwhelmingly positive and most of them the teachers will continue on the scheme as mentors for next year's teachers.

In other great news, I have been accepted to two further conferences, the Media + Learning Conference in Brussels which takes place in September and the Media Education Summit in Sheffield in September. On both occasions I will be speaking about the differences between media literacy and using media for literacy. Whilst the Media Education summit it going to be my first 'professional' conference, Brussels is going to be my first international one. I am very excited!

My last two days have been completely taken up by the completion of my methodology chapter. After checking with the university about ethical approval last week, I was told that I had to submit my whole chapter (or rather most of its content) together with my application, so I am trying to get everything done before I start travelling for two weeks tomorrow. Yesterday I wrote 6,000 words in one hit, so have my fingers crossed that everything will be done tonight! I will post some ideas once everything is submitted.


No comments:

Post a Comment